Just thought I would outline how I got my
sensor out of its fitting.
I have 2 Scenics and the older one has a
sensor in the position shown in the excellent pics at the beginning of this post. It looks very accessible.
BUT the newer Scenic is another thing.
Itís a 1.6 Fidji 2002 and an auto as well. Its crowded on top of the gearbox!
The sensor is located further into the engine than shown in the pics. On top of that is a wiring loom that gets in the way of lifting it out.
Heres how I did it-
1. Lift off the air intake black box using the rubber band that holds the front end.
2. Remove the bracket that holds the air intake mounting (2 bolts). (front of vehicle)
3. Undo the rear bracket that holds a plug and tubing to the rear of the engine block. (1 bolt). Move it out of the way.
4. Remove the 2 bolts that holds the wiring loom plastic cradle above the sensor.
5. Pull as many pipes and wires away from the sensor area as you can and tie back with a softish rope. Donít pull them off though.
6. Undo the sensor bolts and remove the bolts (2). Sensor is now loose.
7. With some room available its now possible to move the wiring loom rearwards to ease the sensor behind the loom and out to the rear.
8. Unclip plug from the sensor.
9. Replacement is the reverse procedure.