Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1.5dci Immobiliser Problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th November 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
1.5dci Immobiliser Problem

Sorry if this has been answered previously but my partner is at the end of her tether!!

She's got a 2003 1.5dci Clio its done 27000 from new, bought in April. In July the alternator pulley disintegrated - literally (My dad who has been a mechanic for over 40 years said he's only ever seen this happen once before!!). The alternator and belt were replaced.

She's now got (what appears to be looking at this forum) a common problem because the car refuses to start first time about 95% of the time. The immobiliser light stays on when the key is put in the ignition and she has take to take the key out, lock the car, unlock it and then try again untilo the immobiliser light goes out and then it starts as if there was never a problem!!

My dad doen't do electronics, but a couple of his colleagues have said it is a problem only renault can sort. However renault had the car on diagnostics TWICE and the first time diagnosed NO fault, and the second time (within hours of the first) claimed it was a glowplug problem and wanted 330 to put it right - we declined politely as it appears they didn't know their arses from their elbows!! (this was following several conversations with Renault customer services who initially said they would consider a warranty type repair as a goodwill gesture and then declined this offer!) and neither the Renault dealer, nor Renault customer services were prepared to acknowledge the immobilier was causing a problem or was an inherent Renault issue!

My brother had a scenic, which had exactly the same problem and claimed he had the problem resolved aftre being towed to Renault and a secretary came out, sat in the car and managed to do something which basically reset everything and he never had a problem from then on.

Anyway, before I fill up an entire page, does anyone have any helpful suggestions as to how to rectify this problem as my partner (who is a single mother of three and bought the car based on its reviews for reliability and low running costs - !!!) is about ready to take a can of petrol and a match to the car!!??

Many thanks for any assistance you can give

Currently in naylorman's garage:
Renault Clio 1.5 dci
  5 Lastest Threads by naylorman
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
1.5dci Immobiliser Problem Electronics naylorman 7 4910 12th November 2006 11:41 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome