Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Advice needed on potential Renault purchase of old Clio

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th August 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Advice needed on potential Renault purchase of old Clio

Hi :-)

I have a small budget of approx 1200 to buy a 'new' car. I don't want flash or speed, merely the most reliable car I can get for my money. I have looked at *tons* of cars and need your advice on one in particular.

I have come across a late 1997 R-registration 1.2 Mk.1 Clio with one previous lady owner....and 10,414 miles on the clock. This car is mint and in timewarp condition. Now, after trawling through hundreds of cars aged 2002-2003 with 80k+ miles on the clock, finding this car has thrown me something of a curveball.

I have heard all the things about short journeys being worse for cars than long journeys etc but my question is this, surely this car is too good to turn down?

Will I experience electrical problems with the car or any other kinds of age-related issues? I'm struggling here!
Currently in sunking101's garage:
Fiat Punto
  5 Lastest Threads by sunking101
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Advice needed on potential Renault purchase of... Cars & motoring madnoel10 4 1310 8th August 2013 01:22 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome