Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 1.4 8v - Info on starting problems - HELPFUL!

View Single Post
post #43 of (permalink) Old 8th August 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 1.4 8v - Info on starting problems - HELPFUL!

Originally Posted by catseyes View Post
Hi, just got back home after a very nice RAC man fixed my clio.
About four weeks ago I had intermittant starting problems and after changing the TDC sensor for the new blue type with the new part of the loom the car has been fine.
I went out today shopping and done about 40 miles and on the way back home stopped outside a local hardwear shop, when I came out the car refused to start, I tried the connector on the TDC sensor and coil pack, the reset switch but to no avail.
I phoned the RAC, the mechanic checked and found I had no spark and also no injection pulse.
He checked fuses then went to another holder below the fuse block in the engine bay on the right side behind the headlamp, it had three relays on it, two of the side by side and one by itself, he swapped the one by itself which he said was for aircon which is not fitted on the car but they put the relay there anyway, with one of the two side by side and the car started ok.
He said it was a common fault with starting problems and along with replacing the TDC sensor I should replace the two ignition relays as well, I think they are dealer only and the number on them is :- 7700414484.
Hope this helps someone out
Well after having starting problems in 2010 it has returned again, having replaced all three relays in behind the near side headlight and the crankshaft sensor was replaced with a new blue one the starting is playing up again, most of the time the car starts ok and runs fine but sometimes it will start and then immediately cut out with the red light flashing on the dash ( alarm/immobiliser) .
I removed the key and it will most of the time start but on occasions it takes several times, I will be checking the loom to the ecu
Currently in catseyes's garage:
2000 renault clio 1.4s mk2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome