Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Carminat SatNav Curiosity

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th November 2006 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Carminat SatNav Curiosity

Has anyone or everyone come across this behaviour?

If I stop at traffic lights with my guidance switched on, the satnav carries on as if the car hasn't stopped. Eventually it comes back to position but sometimes it takes longer than is acceptable. I mean imagine central London in heavy traffic and you are stuck at a traffic light and that awful voice going on at you and eventually says, "You have arrived; You have arrived; You have arrived;" when you are still 3 or four streets away waiting for the lights to change. Basically, it seems to navigate ahead of the car, and while in map mode, the locating arrow flits up and down the route like a yoyo.

Another curiosity is that the same voice often repeats the same instruction ad nausiem and she gets on my pip....Grrrr! I mean, do I need to be told 10 times or more to take the first exit at the next roundabout? I may be a little bit on the thick side but it does make me want to yell back at her something like " I HEARD YOU THE F***ING FIRST TIME, YOU DARNED JACKASS".

I am using 2003 map disc with TMC enabled. Do yours behave in the same way?
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
  5 Lastest Threads by vass20
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
From Hotter Climes (by vass20) Jokes & funny stuff vass20 0 623 31st July 2013 01:49 PM
England exits Euro2012 Jokes & funny stuff coup 1 893 25th June 2012 12:28 PM
Don't know... Jokes & funny stuff vass20 0 730 8th March 2012 01:30 PM
Stabbings following the riots Jokes & funny stuff vass20 0 1009 28th August 2011 12:39 AM
Quick thinking? Jokes & funny stuff vass20 0 1010 1st May 2011 12:40 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome