Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic '05 1.9 Dci - battery drain and key problem

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11th October 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks all, for the responses.

We also thought the locking funny might be connected to the battery drain, but when parking after a hundred mile trip to Cambridge the weekend before last the car 'unlocked' a few seconds after we locked it because we were still standing within the range for the hands-free key to be detected. From past experience I know that if I remain next to the car it would continue to go through this lock/unlock cycle. I just wish I knew how to recreate it so the garage will believe me!

On returning from that weekend we didn't use the car until Wednesday where we did approx 18 miles followed by a local shopping run Thursday lunchtime. The car wouldn't start when I next tried it on Monday morning. OK, we're not using it every day but to my mind the battery should be able to cope with this.

Webcode, the engine is a 1.9 DCi

The AA mechanic has some sort of fancy gauge that he looped around the wires to detect the drain. Can someone give me an idiot guide of the steps I need to take to measure this discharge with a multimetre ( haven't got a clue).

Thanks again.

Currently in abel&mabel's garage:
2005 Grand Scenic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome