Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Kangoo knocking sound

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th November 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Kangoo knocking sound

Can anyone help.

I have a loud knocking sound which is very noticible in the car but less so outside. The noise is loudest when cold but is less so when the engine is at normal temperature but can be heard when stop starting in traffic as if the exhaust is knocking the floor pan. The noise was barely noticable for a few months before I had to change the entire exhaust and cat (exhaust snapped at back box) but since the new exhaust was fitted it has got louder in the last couple of weeks. I have had the exhaust checked at the fitters and they cannot find a problem and cannot hear the noise even after revving the engine. I have revved the engine but when it has slowed down to a particular point you can hear it before it dissappears while in the drivers seat. I have checked the exhaust with the fitters and there is no evidence of it touching the floor pan or the shields. Today, I started the car from cold with the bonnet open and I could hear the noise outside which seemed to come from the front of the engine. I have made a visual inspection and cannot find anything loose or touching to cause it. I suspect it is the flexijoint between the cat and the exhaust is rattling but the fitting appears solid. The exhaust fitters said the old cat had a worn fitting in this area causing it to rattle other wise I would not have changed the cat. Grateful if anyone has any ideas before I take the car to Renault for an investigation.
Currently in Kangoonut's garage:
2000 Renault Kangoo 1400 RXE Estate
  5 Lastest Threads by Kangoonut
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Kangoo knocking sound Cars & motoring Kangoonut 2 1832 13th November 2006 09:44 PM
Water leak and Drivers Door Cars & motoring smitch83 7 3016 28th October 2006 08:48 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome