Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Trafic??????

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 13th August 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Renault Trafic??????

Originally Posted by Lloydy Boy View Post
Hi all.

I'm new to the forum so I do apologise if I've posted this in the wrong place.....

I'm in the market for a different van. I currently own a Citroen Berlingo and I'm looking at getting something bigger.

I've got between 2 and 3 grand to spend and I really fancy a Renault Trafic. I just wanted to get a 'Heads Up' on the Renault Trafic before I part with my hard earned cash.

The Trafics I've seen that are within my price range have around 130,000 miles on the clock and are 04/05 plates. I know that when buying a vehicle you never really know what problems you may be inheriting, but in your honest opinions, and bearing in mind the mileage/age we're talking about is a Trafic the right way to go???????

Are they any good and what possible problems/issues is a Trafic of this age and mileage prone to??????

I've heard that the Turbos can be a bit temperamental, is that the case?

Anyway I've rambled on too much.

Thanks in advance for any replies
Hi! well I bought a 2008 trafic with 100K on the clock and its driving like a dream. Its like driving a normal car, really.
Forum post are often concerned only when something is going wrong and for every post I bet there are hundreds of happy owners. Its the most popular van in Europe.
I highly recommend one. Very happy, so far at least with mine.
Currently in lagardie's garage:
renault trafic, Jeep Grand-Cherokee
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome