Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2 "No Fault Logged"

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 12th October 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I know this is an old thread and I'm following up my own post, but the saga continues.

Off to work I went this morning, stopped for petrol because I was running low, back on the road again and 'she' chirps up "Fuel injection system faulty. Anti-pollution control system faulty" and the car starts running like a bag of spanners. Here we go again...

So I tried the usual trick: Wait until I can stop (at the lights) then turn off and re-start the engine. That usually clears it, but 30 seconds later "Fuel injection system faulty" and the whole bag of spanners thing again. I tried again a couple of times, but couldn't clear the fault for any length of time.

So I drove the car like a bag of spanners all the way to the dealer. Stopping and starting on a couple of occasions when I knew I was going to need some acceleration. The last time I did it, the warning never came back and the car ran okay, but at least the ECU warning light stayed on.

So I left the car with them with the fault showing (whoopee!) Went back to pick up the car tonight, and they told me that the engine checked out fine apart from a logged fault on no.2 injector. Now my memory's not brilliant, but I'm pretty sure it was no.2 that got replaced last time, and I reckon that was less than 6 months ago. Anyway, they've replaced the injector and we just have to keep our fingers crossed.

Still, three weeks(ish) and counting, and it won't be my problem anymore. Let's just hope it doesn't fall apart before then.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome