Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #502 of (permalink) Old 16th August 2013
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

Originally Posted by AlexiVonB View Post
I'd certainly take it to the nearest renault dealer. I had the same problem on my 2001 scenic that I brought in 2010. I got a replacement door loom from a scrap yard and a new switch from a popular online auction site. Having read this on here thought i'd check the part number on the switch. Turns out the switch I brought online has the same part number as the recall switch. So I went to my local renault dealer and they told me my car was outstanding on the recall. So its booked in for friday mornng. :-)

I'd like to thank everyone that brought this serious problem to light and pressurised renault into making a recall. (Sorry quality campaign) :-)
When I first approached the dealership on this matter, before having to get RUK involved, I was told that there are still Scenics being called in to have this work done, ISTR to recall this problem goes back to 2007, so, yes, Scenic 1 owners, if you believe your Scenic is one that needs checking, don't just leave it, get it done, and don't take no for an answer!!

Karen xx

'Oh mice, dear mice, I love you all, but there are so many of you' (Bagpuss, 1973)
Currently in karenlouise1967's garage:
Scenic 1.9 dCi Privilege, before that a heap of rubbish aka Scenic 2.0 RXE now finally moved from neighbour's drive by the recyclers, before that a much loved Megane 1 Coupe 2.0 (RIP)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome