Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Pedal sinking to floor when engine is on

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th August 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Pedal sinking to floor when engine is on

Hi all

Got a problem with my brake pedal going to the floor when engine is on.

Not sure if this bit is relevant but ill give you full story. One of my rear brake pads were low, so I changed rear pads, but like a numpty hammered the calipers in, after realising I had destroyed them I bought 2 used rear calipers and a whinding tool, and fitted the new cailpers. I did open the bleed nipples when hammering the calipers to let the fluid out.

Fitted it all fine, and bled all the calipers, though it took a while to getting fluid flowing out the nipples, was no resistance on brake pedal at all.

finally started to get fluid through and bled all the nipples, no air coming out the calipers.

Now the brake pedal is hard when engine is off, but when I start the engine the pedal slowing sinks to the floor with light pressure, I can pump it hard again, then will sink to the floor again

I had bled all the nipples a further 4 or 5 times over the past few days, took the car for a little run, jammed the breaks on. still the same

please help I don't want to catch the train to work for another week
Currently in wbauk2002's garage:
1.5 DCI
  5 Lastest Threads by wbauk2002
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Pedal sinking to floor when engine is on Brakes/Hubs scotiaboy2k7 5 1666 17th August 2013 12:50 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome