Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hands Free card entry

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 16th November 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Aha! I'm back with the plot now. Yep, that feature can be handy once you've found a place in order to find it again in future. If you're a distance from the road (e.g. in a car park on a site) it's worth scrolling to roughly the location of the entrance before saving. It's just a shame there isn't a voice short-cut to store your current location in the address book. That really would have been handy.

So the '4' thing is a 'feature' of my car then, rather than the navcom system in general. I'll probably keep bugging them about it each time it goes in for something else (with a 9K service interval and averaging 30K a year, I'm a semi-regular at the dealer's anyway) but other than that, I think I'll just put up with it and use the joystick to enter phone numbers if they're not in the phone book.

Thanks for checking that out for me though. If it's not a bug in the design of the system, then at least I know there's something wrong with my specific installation, which means it should be fixable.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome