Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Another bonnet stuck..

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 19th August 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Re: Another bonnet stuck..

I know I'm talking to myself here, hopefully some one will come along...

anyway, In the end I had to take it to a garage, and the only managed to free the lock by hammering the hell out of it and bending the latch back to release the bar. Now I'm just reliant on the safety latch.

I'm not sure how the mechanism works, but it seems the lock should move in and out either by the bar locking in and/or the spring pulling it back. So you pull the bonnet release handle inside the car which then pulls on a lever , against the spring, and the bar pops up..

The mechanism should move on the axis but mine doesn't, it is rock solid stuck despite spray and movement at all.

I'm going to dismantle it and have a proper look but doubt it is repairable now since it was hammered and maybe a scrap yard 1st otherwise I'll just have to put the thing back again to drive anywhere. The facia panels on my Megane 1 are held in with screws, only releasable when the bonnet is that wasn't an option for me.

Am still looking for a website that shows how it works though as I'm not clear yet..
Currently in jacko1950's garage:
1999 T reg 1.6 sport. 8v. (K7M)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome