Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Common problem - breaks squealing

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th November 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Common problem - breaks squealing

Do any of you have problems with your breaks squealing?

I checked all the pads and they have plenty left on. I have even jet washed them down to get rid of any dust, but has not worked.

I called my local Renault dealer and they guy on the phone said itís a common problem on a few Renault types.

He says the build up of dust causes the squeal and the only option at the moment is to take them off clean and grease up certain bits and thatís it. He also said that after more dust build up it would come back.
I asked him if Renault does this for free, but as you can guess the customer has to pay for it.

I wanted to know (before I complain to Customer Service) if you have had the same issue???

I donít see why I should have to pay for something, which is bad build/design and after a period of time have to pay again.

Currently in hankmarvin107's garage:
Megane 1.9 DCI & Megane Coupe
  5 Lastest Threads by hankmarvin107
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Common problem - breaks squealing Megane JWilks 25 13109 17th November 2006 10:38 AM
Which one would you buy? Cars & motoring hankmarvin107 7 1619 12th October 2006 04:16 PM
Megane Diesel - Should I? Cars & motoring Lagdti 5 3451 20th September 2006 04:18 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome