Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Average MPG from 1.9 DCi Engine

View Single Post
post #76 of (permalink) Old 17th November 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Its supposed to be a 120, I think thats all that was available on an 03 but I could be wrong.

Sometimes it feesl reasonable, but other times its pretty gutless. it may be because I'm used to petrol turbos with more of everything. Although the diesel should feel rally torquey but it has nothing compared to my saab.

Its not a bad car tho, just a bit characterless, everything seems to work except the rear washwipe which is seized solid. How, i don't know as its supposed to mo0ve everytime the car gets put into rverse gear. The motor works on it, just the mechanical side doesn't!!

Car has 125k on now, but full dealer service history, one of the reasons I can't get my head around the RWW not working.

I think the car is working correctly power-wise because I wound it up on my own private test track a few weeks ago and achieved top speed pretty much bang on the book speed!! Quite impressed for a donky diesel.

It seems to have really lost some economy with the cold weather tho, but I expect that.

All in all its growing on me, I think I've just had a couple of bad experiences. I'm now used to locking it thro the back door but at least I can unlock with one of the keycards!
Currently in nev's garage:
2003 Laguna II 1.9DCi/ 1982 R5 GTL 1.1
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome