Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - Electronics - Immobiliser issues

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 20th August 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Re: Renault Clio - Electronics - Immobiliser issues

Hi I have a 1.4 sport 2000 which has a strange problem regarding the central locking, I had a new battery put in my only key after I had to get close to the car and press it a couple of times, its an RF key, the main dealer checked the key and said its transmitting, after that it would not unlock the car, done the sync where you hold down the C/L button until immobilizer light was solid and the press the key and the locks activated.
Thought great all done but no the key still does not lock or unlock the car also sometimes the immobilizer light flashes rapidly so I turn off and back on to clear it, I have hunted in the roof space for a receiver but not found any, stripped the drivers door down and wd40 everything checked the central locking works from the button by the gear stick all is ok but not by using the key fob, where is the RF receiver??
I have checked the ECU which is behind the battery and it looks ok,,,, any ideas
Currently in catseyes's garage:
2000 renault clio 1.4s mk2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome