Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Sat nav

Thread: Sat nav
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 17th November 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by seanjenkinson View Post
Hi i have a 02 sport tourer an i found some-one on ebay selling a laguna sat nav system any one know if i can have it fitted into my car.
Basically I think the renault-supplied satnavs are (I'm trying to be polite here) not at all highly thought of. I have one but I just spent a bundle of dosh on a Nuvi 360.

I believe the factory installation includes some form of communication to/from the speedo which may not be available if the car left the factory without a satnav. So, a suitable speedo may also be required. There is the unit inside the glovebox, the sharkfin antenna, the updated discs and some more stuff needed for this installation... not for the faint-hearted I would guess.

You should read the relevant threads on this forum if you want to avoid disappointment. Much has been written about satnav problems and none seem to have been fully resolved.

I believe some improvements have been made recently. I think Horatio may be the guy who knows more about it and he will respond providing he sees this thread.

Finally, I think this question has appeared before from someone else so you may want to search for and read that thread before you part with any wedge.

Good luck but try this link or search for satnav or gps.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome