Join Date: Oct 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.
I would like to strengthen Jan's advice.
I also started by changing only the loom on my 2004. After a couple of months once again the fan stopped working on 4.
Opened it all up again (left hand drive so all the glovebox has to come out for access) and this time changed resistor pack and loom together.
Indeed I got a bit of a burning smell on first time operation (and my heart sunk down to my pants...), but then smell went away, and so far it's been about 4000 miles and all is still well.
Looks like this is normal.
i have a bit of advice and also a question. about 6 months ago i replaced the loom only for the modified one to remedy number 3 not working on my scenic 2 2004. this worked well and i thought nothing else of it. until last week when numbers 1 and 2 stopped working, i pulled the plug and low and behold it had melted again. my advice is change the wiring loom and the resistor pack as the new resistor packs remedy the heat problem. if you just change the plug its only a temporary fix. My question is, i have fitted the new resistor pack and i have a sort of burning smell, the only way i can explain it is like a new electrical smell, sort of if you boil a new kettle etc, is this because the new resistor pack is brand new and its just wearing in? i assume it has some sort of coating that is heating up and will eventually burn off. has everyone experienced this with the new resistor pack fitted?
Currently in Jeremy.nl's garage:
2008 Renault Scenic Conquest 1.9 dCi; 2004 Renault Scenic II 1.9dCi ; 1984 Porsche 944 2.5 ; 1996 Fiat Punto 75ELX