Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - megane immobiliser problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th November 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
megane immobiliser problem

Hi all, i am just new to the site as have bought a 98 Megane 1.6 coupe a few weeks ago.
My remote locking was a bit tempramental and so on Friday i decided to change the batteries in my key fob hoping this would do the trick.
However, all I suceeded in doing is totally screwing up the key as now the remote locking does not work and when i open the door manually, the engine wont start cos of the immobiliser.
My local renault dealer said if i can get the car up to them they will take a look but its difficult during working hourse to get anyone to tow me.
I have heard there is a short term fix of a code to be put in to switch off the immobiliser each visit. Is anyone able to help me with this? or advise what it is?
p.s. i only have one key!
Any advice is much appreciated!
Many thanks
Currently in chris1megane's garage:
98 Ren Megane Coupe
  5 Lastest Threads by chris1megane
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
lieing temperature gauge in megane Electronics hondo 9 4110 22nd January 2007 11:35 AM
help on changing a megane gearknob??? Interiors chris1megane 4 1638 4th January 2007 11:08 AM
Megane Gearknob Interiors davebee 1 1505 28th November 2006 11:59 AM
megane immobiliser problem Electronics superbiatch 8 3920 19th November 2006 08:43 PM
Teething problems with recently purchased coupe Cars & motoring chris1megane 3 1100 18th November 2006 12:34 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome