Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio II - Electronics - TDC sensor

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 15th October 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
TDCI-finding for Dummies, please?

TDC sensor seems to be a common area of failure, and not even mentioned in the Haynes manual (but why should it? It's equally useless in all other areas!)

...oh...correction...I think they refer to it as a "crankshaft position/speed sensor" - can anyone confirm that this is one and the same?

Has anybody got a web resource for "spot the TDCI by model"? My Scenic (K7M motor) goes through spasms of non-starting which has been blamed on the immobiliser for the most part, but after lurking on this forum recently, the TDCI seems to be a more likely cause (ignition on, all electrics working, but engine turns over without firing - then mysteriously OK again for a while.....)

Update - found it. Very easy to spot, but that also suggests very vulnerable to damp and gunge, e.g. oil misting. I suspect that, as the connector is completely unprotected, (no rubber boot or similar cover) it could be prone to moisture ingress.

Last edited by tone-controller; 19th October 2005 at 07:26 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome