Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #232 of (permalink) Old 19th November 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Everyone, my name is Scotty and Im new to this forum. I would like to talk about the ongoing saga with Renault and the bonnet catches, I drive a Renault Clio Sport 172, 2ltr year 2000 reg. My first incident with a bonnet catch failure was in 2002 when down a country lane the bonnet slammed back up smashing the windscreen and caving the front part of the roof in, at first I thought it might have been my fault but after seeing the watchdog programme I realised it wasnt, luckily my insurance covered the damages but obviously I had to pay excess and lose my no claims bonus. Now since then Ive had it checked and I clean, grease and check the catch weekly and last night it happened again...can you believe it a second time, now there is no way this is my fault whatsoever but Im not sure what I can do apart from lose my no claims again and pay excess again, does anyone have similiar disasters and if so do they know if there is any comeback on Renault, coz Im getting really hacked off now knowing it will get fixed again but dont want to drive it again coz it will happen again Im sure !! any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.....sorry if I moaned for too long.
Currently in scotty6148's garage:
Renault Clio Sport 172
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome