Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2 "No Fault Logged"

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 15th October 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I'm a little bit hesitant to publish registration numbers. Apparently the latest ringing trick is not to go around looking for a car on the street to clone (after all, it'll be local and therefore the owner is more likely to spot you) but instead to mooch around eBay and other web sites looking for an identical car. Whoever gets lumbered with this heap is going to have enough problems without having to worry about parking and speeding tickets dropping on their doormat from places they've never even visited.

In any case, it's got a 2.0 IDE petrol engine that's a good 30,000 miles past its sell-by date, so people around here should know to steer clear. Just in case though, if you see an 02 plate Laguna Privilege in Eclipse at auction featuring the letters HMNO and W in the registration, do yourself a favour and walk away

And the saga gets even more interesting as of today.

Since the repair (replacement injector) I've caught a whiff of petrol a couple of times. Today, it was getting really strong. I assumed that the lid wasn't on my spare petrol can properly, but when I checked it, it was tight and the boot was odour free.

So then I popped the bonnet, and the smell hit me. On closer inspection, there's fuel dripping from one of the unions on the fuel rail. Fortunately, it's landing on the inlet manifold - if the design of the engine meant that the exhaust was there, I might not have a car to write about right now. What's more, the silly piece of plastic trim that normally covers the engine is conspicuous by its absence. It was definitely there last time I lifted the bonnet, and this is the only job that's been done since. The phrase "half a job" springs to mind, as do a few other phrases, though I'm too polite to voice them here.

So I've been driving this car for several days with fuel dripping all over the engine compartment. As I see it I've been ferrying my wife and 6 month old son around in a potential death trap. I don't have words to express how I feel about this right now. Livid certainly doesn't cover it.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome