Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fitting a new stereo to the Espace

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th November 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Fitting a new stereo to the Espace

Got my Espace (1998 2.2 Diesel) a few weeks ago, but it came without a stereo. So I'm looking to fit a 3rd party one.

Having looked on the web etc. from what I can make out, I need to buy something called an ISO convertion.

This I assume makes the connectors from the Espace fit with the commonly used (Universal ?) connector system of other stereos now available.

The question I have though is what about the 6 speakers. All the steros seam to have 4 x XX watts output. How does this go together with the 6 speaker sytem that the expace has.

I've spotted one system that has 6 x XX watts output. Would this be an advantage ?

Also, I'm tempted by one of these units that has a motorised DVD screen that comes out of it. But I'm trying to determin if this would fit well with the Espace. Since it has the housing inside the glove box.

Any ideas ?

Currently in Zuber's garage:
1998 Renault espace 2.2d RT
  5 Lastest Threads by Zuber
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Espace 2.2 DTi gearchange like walking through... Engines espacediy 21 6544 5th April 2007 04:13 PM
Advice (needed) on fitting roof mounted TV in car Electronics Zuber 2 1996 23rd November 2006 06:32 AM
Fitting a new stereo to the Espace Espace MRGTI 10 11626 20th November 2006 12:46 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome