Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2010 scenic privilege 1.5 Diesel

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 28th August 2013
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: 2010 scenic privilege 1.5 Diesel

Hello n wellcome,

I hadnt owned a renault in 20 years (renault 9) but bought a 1.5 2011 megane new .
Then joined here, not because I had a car prob or anything.
The forums arent the most confidence inspiring..cos most of the posts are about problems,goes with the territory.

pre late 2008 early 2009 megane's (II's) havent as good a rep as III's but apparently renault made a big effort on quality control etc and theres much longer standard guarantees now.

Having said that I was reading a depreciation survey and a 3 year old renault scenic is one of the top depreciators 55%.

That might be good for you,in that the dodgy rep of early to mid noughties cars has carried over to later car resale values,while not necessarily being "dodgy" anymore.
Theres also the fact that a 3 year old renault would be heavily discounted new anyway.. and depreciation is based on a list price.

My 2011 megane came with a 3 year guarantee..I can extend that to 4 or 5 if I want(at a cost of course).
To date its been the most reliable new car Ive ever owned (2.5 years).

The most reliable no faults cars Ive had for over a year were used (78 peugeot 604 and 92 mazda 626).. any other new car Ive had before now allways had something significant either in a 1 year period or v shortly after).

^If the above is any use
..a/c only problem experience Ive had was on an 80's was "unloved"..sometimes it screeched and didnt work, sometimes it worked.. I never did fix it before we parted company.
Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
The Following User Says Thank You to coup For This Useful Post:
scenic2013 (10th September 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome