Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What I hate about driving...

View Single Post
post #227 of (permalink) Old 20th November 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
I've had a few of these lately, so it's time I asked the question.

Motoway driving: When did turning your right hand indicator on start to mean the following:
"Oi, you in the next lane! Better start dropping speed now because I AM pulling out in front of you!"

I've recently had one leave the decision (that they were going to come out rather than wait for me to pass) so late that I literally had to emergency-brake (rather than just using firm pressure on the pedal.)

I wonder if these are the same people who insist that they have right of way over traffic in lane 1 when entering the motorway from a slip road.
I agree! However what is also annoying is if you need to pull out to overtake a lorry and start indicating early. The person in the middle lane is closing at c.5mph with nothing outside for 1/2 mile and sticks in their lane - they usually then continue in the middle lane until they exit the motorway!!!

Driving on you mirrors is the best way (not literally) and the best way to learn this is to drive a van!!
Currently in hugh121's garage:
Renault Avantime V6
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome