Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What I hate about driving...

View Single Post
post #231 of (permalink) Old 20th November 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by hugh121 View Post
I agree! However what is also annoying is if you need to pull out to overtake a lorry and start indicating early. The person in the middle lane is closing at c.5mph with nothing outside for 1/2 mile and sticks in their lane - they usually then continue in the middle lane until they exit the motorway!!!
You're right, and I should probably have qualified my grievance as follows: You're already in the outside lane, and have a good 10mph speed differential between you and the vehicle that's about to cut you up. What's more, it's not as though they've just found themselves about to be boxed in behind a much slower vehicle or struggling for some time to find a gap to overtake - they've been happily cruising in that lane at that speed for some time, and you have clear road behind you that they could easily pull out into. It would take mere seconds for them to let you pass and safely pull out into that space, but they just think "sod you, I've warned you and now I'm pulling out."
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome