Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Share some tips for driving a long journey trip

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 21st November 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
If I did half of this stuff before every long journey, I'd never have time to go anywhere

I've got to admit that I'm of the mentality that "the car is under warranty, so my responsibility ends at putting air in the tyres, fuel in the tank and screenwash fluid in the washer reservoir, and (very occasionally) possibly topping up the oil ." Fortunately for me, the car complains at me if any of these needs must be met.

The only other periodic check that I do is tyre tread depths. They're down to around 3mm all round now (lease company won't let me change them until they're down to 2) so I need to keep an eye on them.

The other thing that I forget to check, which most of us probably do as it hasn't been mentioned yet, is functionality of all road lights. I'm not sure how many systems are monitored on the current Lag2, but I know headlight bulbs weren't on my Lag1 RXE even though the thing would complain loudly if so much as a number plate bulb went out.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome