Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hi speed cars..useable?

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 30th August 2013
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,852 Posts
Re: Hi speed cars..useable?

I guess I should contribute to this thread, since 2 of my machines are capable of >180... (one very much so).

For the bike, I wanted something that could cover long distance swiftly, comfortably and economically. My reasoning was that a bike that can go 2.5 times what I'll travel at - is well over-engineered for my purposes. I achieve 65 mpg, so my reasoning seems to be well-founded.

For the car, a similar line of thinking was employed. I've always wanted something with genuine 'go' and with a limited annual mileage figured that there's no time like the present. I guess most people could be very happy with 476 BHP, coming from the Rodius the difference is like comparing a penny farthing to my ZZR. Yet, I knew the engine can be reliably reconfigured for a bit more, so it was a case of 'go large or go home'.

Will I use the extra 60-65 top speed? Probably not, but the acceleration - I will, (now & again), and from a safety perspective, the ability to accelerate out of trouble is as important to me as any bolt-on safety system.

Plus, I derive a (childish) satisfaction in knowing there are only a few cars faster than mine, and none are as subtle - some may even think mine is the diesel with big wheels - a real Q-car.

Boys get bigger, and so do their toys.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VelSatisfied For This Useful Post:
Blue Triangle (10th September 2013), coup (30th August 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome