Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #233 of (permalink) Old 21st November 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi, I emailed Which? to see if they had a statistical info that they could give to me to support my claim. They mailed me back the following which may be of use to some people who have had the same awful experience as me (if enough people contact Which? then maybe they will consider covering it) -

What a frightening experience! It's very worrying that this appears to be happening on a regular basis, and your concerns are understandable.

Although we don't keep statistical information relating to problems with cars, there are a few things you can do like contacting the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders' Recall Information Point on 020 7235 7000. You may also wish to contact the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency's (VOSA) Vehicle Safety Branch, who hold details of recalls and safety problems. They will be able to tell you if this problem has already been recorded, or take details of your experience for their records:

0870 606 0440

VOSA corporate website

Another thing you can do is to contact the Trading Standards department based in the Council local to the dealer to report the problem. Details can be found at the web address below:

Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

The time you have taken to write to us has not been wasted as the feedback you have given us is very useful and can greatly aid our research. In this respect, I have passed the details you have provided to our motoring safety research team so that they may consider the information when preparing future reports.
Currently in Meesh's garage:
2003 Renault Clio Billabong
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome