I am now a happy bunny. My drivers side window is now fixed and working perfectly! All together the job took me around 1-1/2 - 2 hours, the hardest part was getting the cables tensioned correctly before putting the mechanism back into the door (yes, they are a tight fit). The kit I bought included a new drive pulley, as well as all the plastic clips and cables which were pre made to the correst length. I did it the following way. I removed the motor and pulley by taking out 3x T20 torx screws, refitted all new cables and sliders to leave two ends back where the pulley would sit. I positioned the blue sliders in the "down" position, then wound the end of the "up" cable onto the pulley and pulled all the slack out of that cable. I then put a bolt through the pulley to hold it in place where it would fit on the motor, and to stop it from unwinding. The shorter end of the "up" cable was then wound onto the pulley (which is a tight fit), then carefully
removed the temprory bolt and replaced the motor. I had to deliberatly miss align the motor to get the pegs on the pulley to engage into the drive disc. Once engaged, slowly rotate the motor until the 3 screw holes line up with the holes in the bracket and replace the screws. It was then just a short job to put the whole lot back into the door and fit the glass onto the blue sliders. I connected to window switch to the loom to test before putting the door panel back on, just incase. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, the window will only move up a couple of inches per press so will take 3 or 4 presses to close the window. Once up, lift and hold
both passenger and drivers side switch in the up position for 4 or 5 seconds to re-memorize the motor, then refit the door panel, job done! One thing I did different from everyone else, I didn't disconnect the battery, but I did remove the bulb from the door bottom light, turned off the interior lights and only had the door open while I was working on it. I assume this method didn't wipe the memory in the window circuit and made the synchronisation trouble-free. All in all, not a hard job, just a bit fiddly. My local garage told me these repair kits do not work and the job couldn't be done by Joe Public, and just how Renault can justify ripping us off to the tune of £300+ I will never know. My job cost me £22.00 and 2 hours of my time, and I wasn't rushing about.