Join Date: Dec 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Renault Laguna II - how to shut the alarm up!
Missus has a 2007 Laguna Expression Nav and over the past year, every couple of weeks when she got in - the alarm would go off and indicators flash - for no good reason. Fiddled with this and that but lost patience and eventually took the alarm siren box out and now it NEVER can wee wahh wee wahh for no reason again!
Unit is mounted 6" in front of rear N/S tail lamp between outer skin and body
To do this:
1. remove parcel shelf
2. unscrew hex trim screw from L/H (N/S) plastic trim
3. pop inwards trim piece to remove
4. unscrew L/H (N/S)tail light plastic screw
5. use a blade screwdriver to turn and then pop sinlge plastic clip (tease middle section up and then prise out)
6. peel boot rubber seal around this area
7.peel back fabric trim
8. unbolt siren alarm unit (2x10mm bolts)
9.unit won't withdraw - so carefully slacken 10mm bolts on side of unit and draw unit monting brackets into the car.
10 undo 4 x small cross head screws on unit and disconnect wiring connector.
11. tape up wires, tidy job and refit.
12. happy days - obviously this may have insurance implications, but you'll have peaceful life.
Hope this helps (if someone hasn't posted this already) Cheers.
Currently in qafire's garage:
2007 Renault Laguna II 1.9 dCi Expression Navigation, Vectra SRI CDTi and ancient Xantia 1.9D