I just want to say that for months on & off I have like many others had the
Warning light problem, the lack of power when pressing the throttle.
Also the running with the
seemingly "off" as well as the "jumpy" & intermittent pick up of power.
I have read this forum for months trying to find the answers and to be honest I have tried everything:
valve - I posted a "how to" with pics.
I even bought new
solenoid cos it was buzzing like a good un (it shouldn't) and the
was ok too.
In the middle of all that I blew the
& replaced that and the intercooler. I alos changed the air, fuel and
filters, changed the preignition
and glow plugs. and what for ...... nothing, niet, nada, rien. :loser:
Then after running along at max 70km/h in "limp mode" for 3 days now and planning to torch the b***h, MadNoel comes along with a seemingly unimportant observation ==>
Quote "One member of the forum had a similar problem and it was eventually discovered that the wiring connections and loom to the
pressure sensor was faulty. It may be worth exploring that aspect."
here ==> http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showt...914#post536914
So I thought ok - it doesn't "seem" electrical but hey what the hell.
And the problem is now solved (fingers crossed).
The culprit is a broken wire on the connector to the
pressure switch- i mean how simple to over look that but it was hidden in a cable cover and I guess that's why I didn't spot it before.
Next came the big problem- how to fix it as I made a quick botch-fix (run like a dream all the way there :20km and back) and visited the local Renault dealership and they don't sell the plugs & connectors - they only replace the whole freakin wiring loom - so sod that !!.
I got into the tool box and was thinking of soldering it back on when the little lifesavers jumped out and presented themselves - in the form of electric wiring connectors.
So another botch fix started:
Cut the 3 wires from the connector but label one as 2 are grey and one yellow.
strip & attach to the wire connectors.
Plug into pressure sensor
tape over to stop damp
broooooooom brooooooom broooooom
viola - no warning lights , power restored, no throttle issues AND it didn't cost me a cent - well that is if you don't include all the wasted money on parts I probably didn't actually need. But hey it's a fix for me.
I just want to add here that this is a fix / repair for me and I'm not saying it'll resolve everyone's problems but I seem to have been thru the whole range of problems that some of you have and as a result tried (and failed) to find the actual cause.
I hope this helps someone as MadNoel certainly helped me and dserves a gazillion rep points for that little gem of advice.
Renault on the other hand - don't have a clue and when I called out the Belgian AA equivalent last week, he "diagnosed" a dirty fuel filter. A**e !
I have attached the pictures here - hopefully in order.
Excuse the quality but they're from my iphone as we left the camera in the Uk last week when we were over.