Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Carminat SatNav Curiosity

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 22nd November 2006 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by mcroft123 View Post
My sat nav keeps throwing the dvd out and then it says no disc, have taken it apart and cleaned the pick up lense, but still the same ( tried another disk) can I get a replacement laser or is it an ebay jobby. HELP
They usually only do that when the cd is a copy and a file is missing. I doubt very much if there is anything wrong with your reader so you should try and read the disc via your pc. if it is recognised it should be ok and I would try it again. If it fails, try copying it with Nero or similar and then try again. I hope you didn't damage anything when you took it apart because they are very sensitive. I was going to ask you if you had chacked for foreign bodies (these polacks get in everywhere you know) but if you've dismantled it, I should think that you didn't find anything fouling the mechanism. You also need to chech your data cable hasn't come off or been damaged somehow. Good luck and let us now how you progress. I'm assuming you are talking about the reader i your glovebox of course(at least that's where mine is in the 02 Laguna).
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome