Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Engine Management Light

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 16th October 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Engine Management Light

Thanks for the reply selwonk, whats even more interesting is this.

The car is a 4yr old scenic, with 10K on the clock, the first problem i had was a missfire and an engine which sounded more like a diesel than a petrol, i called out the AA when they arrived the AA man asked is this the 16v to which i replied yes, with a knowing eye he replied I think I know your problem.

He proceeded to check the coils one by one and found the offending item, he replaced it with a new geuine renault part (new type grey cap).

He then started the car and it run well, but the management light did not go out, he then plugged in his computer to canceal the fault, the comp said that it was a missfire on 2, which confirmed his diagnosis.

He said that the others would also breakdown shortly, and suggested I change them all, Due to the cost of these coils , I brought an after fit product which I was assured were perfectly ok, and fitted them, after about 2 months I had another missfire from the new coils , I checked and found out which one it was and replaced with the coil that the AA fitted (grey type)

Yesterday the problem contained in my first thread occured, and would you belive it, it was the grey coil that had acctually failed and not the after fit coils

So when you are told that the grey cap coils are improved, watch for the pig flying by
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome