Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - laguna 2.2dci tourer cd changer

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 22nd November 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
If there is no CD changer as you first thought, you can get a CD changer fitted, but if you want one of a different make, ie. sony or kenwood ect. you will most likely need an adaptor for it.

One way to tell if you have a changer is to press the 'SOURCE' button on your radio to see if it is selected, It should cycle through 'CD', 'CD 1' 'LW/MW' 'FM'. (not necessarily in that order cos i cant remember, but 'CD 1' will be the changer.

If you remove the radio, there should be 4 connectors if you have a changer, and 3 if you dont. The two large ones being power and speakers, the yellow one being steering wheel controls and dash display, and a Blue 1 which will, if you have it, be the CD changer wire. This is where an adaptor would plug in if you were to get one to use a different changer.

I have a 2001 'Y' 1.6 Dynamique, which may have a different radio in it, but I would have thought it would be the same, or atleast very similar.

Adaptors should be available in most Car shops, such as Halford, Motor World, and many others
Currently in bob_bobsville's garage:
2001 'Y' Renault Laguna 1.6 58k
The Following User Says Thank You to bob_bobsville For This Useful Post:
mikey_34 (20th September 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome