Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Mk.2 Emmissions warning light

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 22nd November 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by lagdti View Post
I'd start off by trying to clear the ECU memory(any independant garage the appropriate equipment can do this),and if that puts the light out,and it stays out,then happy days.

If not,there is a very strong possibility that the unburnt fuel that went down the exhaust pipe whilst you had a coil failure would have damaged the cat..Cheap aftermarket cats are available for around 150,but as with all things,you get what you pay for.

Let us know the outcome.

Edit;I certaintly wouldn't ignore the light.The cat will eventually start breaking up,and could block up completely,and thats a right kerfuffle!.
Hi again! Pleased to say that after a reasonable journey in the Clio, the emissions warning light has now gone out, and all is very excellent! This seems to bear out a previous thread I read that said the sensor only polls the ECU once during a journey when certain conditions are met.
Want to thank the forum for saving me at least a couple of hundred quid on my first visit! The info on Sagem pencil coils , the date stamp & general stuff on changing them was invaluable. The replacements I got were from Eblag trader TRANSITPARTSUK, cost 10.99 + delivery. They work asolutely fine, though I was a bit nervous as they seemed so well priced.
Thanks again.
Currently in PeteW's garage:
renault clio 1.4 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome