Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - temperature gague problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd November 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question temperature gague problems

I'm not sure if these two issues are linked - perhaps someone can advise me....

The engine management light on my Scenic is showing. My local garage are unable to locate the problem using their software (all fluid levels checked and ok) and phoned Renault dealer, who suggested that their software is more likely to pick up on the problem.

No problems with the performance of the car and it was due to be booked in for a check at the dealers this week but with my other car out of action Ive had to use the Renault to get to work today.

This morning, with a temperature of 3 degrees outside, the temp gague shot straight up to 3/4 setting on the dial, and fluctuated between their and almost top setting for most of my journey. It occasionally dropped to normal for a few seconds in the journey before returning to the high temp display. The coolant doesn't seem over hot when I checked, the fan is not cutting in and there is no loss of performance.

Could this be a problem with a sensor and could it be this that is making the engine management light come on?
Currently in MHScenic's garage:
  5 Lastest Threads by MHScenic
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
temperature gague problems Electronics leroy 2 846 22nd November 2006 08:51 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome