Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Tailgate Window Imploding?!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd November 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic Tailgate Window Imploding?!!

Hi all,

Just in from work a good 5 hours late after the tailgate window of my 2000 Scenic imploded on the motorway for no known reason. The entire glass window is all over the back of the car, but the window wiper is a goner. Luckily the locking catch is still there where its mean to be and the two hydraulic arms for lifting the glass are also still in position.

Has anybody else had the same problem? The whole incident happened very quickly and with a force that left my ears ringing for a good 10 minutes.

Been on to RAC autoglass and quoted 494.50 to have somebody come out any replace the window!!! Luckily a local dealer has quoted me a more respectable 200 (approx) to fit a new piece of glass, but i still need to source my own wiper. Are there any other potential problems that i am not taking into account?

best of it is, 3rd party fire and theft insurance
Currently in StillCrazy's garage:
2000 Renault Scenic 1.9dti
  5 Lastest Threads by StillCrazy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic Tailgate Window Imploding?!! Cars & motoring StillCrazy 6 1703 22nd November 2006 09:51 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome