Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Advice (needed) on fitting roof mounted TV in car

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 23rd November 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Advice (needed) on fitting roof mounted TV in car

I've got myself a DVD player for the car and one of these flip down roof mounted displays. Look great etc. (£260 for the lot. Unbranded off Ebay , but works a treat)

But I'm trying to figure out what my best options would be for installing the roof mounted display. I've got a 1998 Espace III

It comes with a flatish plate that you are supposed to secure to the roof first. But of course I can't just stick it on the roof and start poping screw through it. I need some options on how/where I could get away with putting it.

I see a crossmember along the roof just behind the front seats. This would be an obvious candidate. But I would rather have it fitted much further forward, so driver/passenger could see it as well (not while driving, I know).

But as far as I can tell, the cross member is the only metal bit before you get to the front screen area. At that point, you have the overhead lights etc.

Also, how do you go about removing/replacing the roof lining ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Currently in Zuber's garage:
1998 Renault espace 2.2d RT
  5 Lastest Threads by Zuber
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Espace 2.2 DTi gearchange like walking through... Engines espacediy 21 6545 5th April 2007 04:13 PM
Advice (needed) on fitting roof mounted TV in car Electronics Zuber 2 1996 23rd November 2006 06:32 AM
Fitting a new stereo to the Espace Espace MRGTI 10 11628 20th November 2006 12:46 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome