Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2 weather strips and door handle end caps

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd September 2013 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 6 Times in 5 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Laguna 2 weather strips and door handle end caps

I've been searching for some info on some cosmetic bits I want to change but not sure what they are called so not sure what to search for (if that makes sense!)

I have a 55 reg Laguna facelift estate and I want to change the following:

1. The little chrome effect caps at the end of the exterior door handles. On the passenger side it is designed to flick off so you can use a key to open the doors. On mine the three on the other door handles are all cracked and I know this is a common thing. Does anyone know how you remove them without scratching the paint and what they cost from Renault?

2. The "weather strips" - basically the horizontal black piece of trim that fits on the exterior of the doors at the bottom of the window. Two of mine seem to have corrosion / bubbling under the finish. Again how do you change them and what do they cost from Renault please? I know on the 5 series BMW they prise up with some effort but on the S80 Volvo you have two clips to remove them. I don't want to scratch the paintwork by experimenting.

Thanks in advance.
Currently in LAGUNA205GT's garage:
2005 Laguna II 205 GT Tourer
  5 Lastest Threads by LAGUNA205GT
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 2 won't start - FIXED Engines LAGUNA205GT 1 121 14th July 2016 01:36 PM
Laguna 2 Handbrake fuse location Electronics LAGUNA205GT 11 688 17th June 2016 02:17 PM
Laguna 2 suddenly getting torque steer to the... Steering and Suspension TTT 33 1488 31st May 2016 06:40 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome