Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Advice (needed) on fitting roof mounted TV in car

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 23rd November 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I'm not sure about the roof lining, but I imagine if you pop out the courtesy lights and other fixings, and pull away the door and boot surround rubbers, the rest will probably be obvious. The lining may be glued to the roof of the car using a bead of sealant - if this won't peel away, then you might have to cut through the bead. You'll need to apply a similar adhesive when putting the lining back once you're satisfied with the installation.

As for sticking the plate to the roof, if it doesn't already come with adhesive pads, then get yourself some 'No More Nails on a roll' tape. Just make sure you get the permanent rather than the removable. The permanent is the best double-sided adhesive tape I've ever come across by a long way, and I've tried many.

Unless the law has changed, it's not illegal to have an LCD TV display in view of the driver, even while driving. Laws about not being able to see a TV from the driver's seat specifically apply to CRT displays, and until the law catches up, LCD TV's are actually exempt. Having said that, if plod spots you watching telly while driving, they'll have no trouble getting a 'driving without due care' charge to stick.

For that reason alone, I wouldn't mount the display where the driver can see it. You wouldn't necessarily need to be watching it yourself while driving for them to conclude that you were and give you a ticket.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome