Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Grande Scenic - Stage 3 car seats don't fit

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 23rd November 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Exclamation Update

Thanks for the replies, we have tried the concord and it sort of works. The same as all other seats we end up with a compromise. Setting the child seat to the correct height for the child then involves sliding the rear seats in the car back or forwards until the inertia reel will work with a child sitting there. Some stage 3 seats even touch the inertia mechanism at high level causing a further problem.

Renault France claim the Kidplus is the seat suitable for the Grande Scenic but that has the same problems as the Concord. All seems fine until you put a child in and then there are just to many changes of angle for the belt or if it does work then the front passenger does not have leg room. I am of the opinion that you should not lose functionality of the front seats and that you should not have to adjust the rear seat position for every different Height setting on the child seat, even then with some settings it is not possible to get correct operation.

If Reanault UK and Renault France actually manage to resolve this by providing a seat that works I will post back but at the moment everything is down to them.

Please if you have a Grande make sure that with a child in the stage three seat your inertia reel belt does recoil back properly after the child moves. If it doesn't please post here so that I can provide more information to Renault to get a fix to this problem.

Currently in pauldv's garage:
S-Max Titanium - Hooray the Renault has gone....
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome