Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Carminat SatNav Curiosity

View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 23rd November 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by vass20 View Post
Thanks for that code H'ratio. I'm sure I have it in the handbook, but can I find it???? Can I heck? So I'll write it on the cover and go take a look later. Thanks again.
I can't find a demo mode either but I'll look again at the menus; mine is cd-based. BTW, what does the slot in the dash radio take, another cd? Funnily, I've never used it and the cd-changer still has the first CDs I put in it when I bought the car.... keen aren't I????
The code isn't in the manual. It's supposed to be the engineer's code - they don't trust we mere mortals with it, though I don't think there's anything in there that can do any serious damage.

Yep, the in-dash slot is for another audio CD. It made much more sense when the factory system had a radio/cassette head and CD changer in the boot. The extra CD slot is practically pointless. I only say 'practically' because I recall reading that the in-dash player will handle CD-RW, which the changer (if it's the boot mounted Alpine one) won't. Still, if you never listen to CD's anyway, that's kind of academic.

I still have this firmware disc kicking around, and reckon it might be worth a re-load for you or anyone else with Carminat troubles. But as it might be of benefit to a few people, how's about this for an idea:

I'm happy for this disc to become sort of 'public property' for UK based RF members who've at least achieved veteran user status. If anyone needs it or would like to try it, I'll be happy to post it to them free of charge. The understanding though is that once they've finished with it, they will keep the disc safe until someone else requests it (or post it back to me if they don't trust themselves not to lose it.) Each user gets to pay recorded delivery P&P to forward the disc onto the next user.

As long as we're working with the original disc, this should be within the forum rules. And of course I'm sure nobody would dream of naughtily making a back-up on CD-R while the disc is in their posession

Really, this disc is of no use to anyone who doesn't have Carminat, and every car that has it should have been supplied with this disc anyway. I can't see anyone having a problem with us doing this.

If anyone outside of the UK needs the disc, then we'd have to come to an arrangment over postage. It wouldn't be fair to expect someone to stump up overseas postage when just about everyone else gets to pay for UK delivery only.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome