Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Electric Window Problems - Regulator Repairs

View Single Post
post #361 of (permalink) Old 4th September 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Electric Window Problems - Regulator Repairs

Hi Guys

I've joined the "window repair club" too, and here's my experience just in case it helps anyone else (and I have a question at the end too)!

I bought a cable kit from eBay , then spent 2 days trying to get it fit! Gave up and bought a complete "after-market" regulator kit from a local auto parts shop... it didn't fit (bolts didn't line up)! Took it back and the guy behind the counter says "have you got the comfort system in your car" (meaning the one-touch open/close) and when I say "yes" he says, "well this is the wrong mechanism and we don't have the one you need!" (which is why the cable kit didn't fit either - the cables are a different length)

Ordered a complete assembly from eBay "ACRolcar Front Left Window Regulator Mechanism Only (Anti-Pinch) Genuine" from aceparts_uk which arrived the next day (39.41 inc postage, about 1/10th of Renaults price)

Fitted it this evening (took almost 2 hours as I had a bit of a struggle getting the glass back on the blue clips) but apart from skinned knuckles it wasn't too horrendous and I now have an (almost) working window... (for anyone else who's trying to do this on a Laguna Initiale, the cream plastic clips that go inside the holes on the window need to be inserted from the "front" (between the blue clip and the glass) - worth mentioning as I couldn't remember so ended up removing the mechanism again to check which way round they went!

Now here's the bit I need some help with: The window moves up and down okay, and I managed to get the window to close and held up both front window switches for 10 seconds, and it worked okay until I switched off and restarted the car. I opened the window half way then tried to close it - it opened some more. I released the switch then tried to close it again and it went back up, but only a couple of inches at a time

So here's the question (finally) - is there a different way to reset the window memory on a 56 reg Laguna Initiale (apart from holding the 2 front window switches up), or has something else gone wrong?

Currently in Teacher's garage:
2006 Renault Laguna Initiale Dci Auto (Estate), 2004 Renault Megane Privilege Dci 120 (Coupe/Cabriolet), 2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome