Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Share some tips for driving a long journey trip

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 23rd November 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by spanish_lad View Post
if, like me you have a nokia with a cable earpiece where you still have to press answer.. its illegal in europe. i got stopped in my megane coupe and the first thing he said to me was to take out the earpiece because its illegal.
I think that's the situation here too, to be honest. It's the act of holding the phone that makes it non-handsfree, so if you have to handle the handset to answer a call, you're breaking the law.

The simple answer is to get some kind of dashboard clip for the phone. I've ended up doing exactly that on the Laguna, because even though the Bluetooth handsfree will let you make and receive calls, there are still times when you need to use the phone's keypad (for DTMF tones during a call, or to get a number from memory that you haven't stored in the car's own hands-free memory.)

I bought one from a motorway service station that sticks onto the windscreen with a suction cup in the same way that a lot of sat-nav brackets do. It was reasonably cheap (around a tenner) and it does a grand job.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome