Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - service cost bah :

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 5th September 2013 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: service cost bah :

I called the main dealer to enquire on service cost again.especially since its only gonna be an oil and filter change.
The service person, a woman said my last oil n filter change was a lil early(9000) and 27000 would be the next due time.She also said she didint want to be charging 250 for no real reason BUT that the car needed the renault check v soon for guarantee/warranty purposes.(also the service indicator is on 7 months and 7000 to go).. I had em reset it to 2 years and the correct mileage interval at the last service.
The check cost will be 30.
Sounds good to me.

So its booked in for Tue

Other things:

1. I didnt mind getting the first oil and filter change a lil early cos considering:
I dont care how good the manufacturing processes are, a new engine ,you would think should deposit more micro bits into the oil than say one after 10k miles.
Also I dont know what they do to a car thats been standing a couple of months to prevent dry bearing wear on initial start up n so on.

2.So itll be a service without oil change 220 seems a bit high for an oil and filter change.
ie the service cost was gonna be with no oil and filter change its gonna be 30. shrug.

3>The thing is Id like to get the oil changed at least.. after my little dpf problem.. a lot of contaminants could have gone in

4. So I could get my local guy to do the service for 150 after the renault check but would that be worth it.

Im leaning now towards changing the oil myself, after the check,Id still be within guarantee parameters and no one would know the oil was changed except me (and forum readers)
Id change the filter too, especially as its about the size of a small coffee cup but would have to make sure it was a genuine renault part..ill look into it.
The oil tho.

Since opie is a sponsor /runs a forum discount, I hope this link is ok..if not just delete this part.

This is the correct oil and either with or without a filter change I would have some top up oil left in the 1l bottle.
The engine does use oil btw, over 2.3 years Ive used about 500ml of a 1l bottle I bought for 14.

any opinions?

signed "The last of the big spenders"
Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.

Last edited by coup; 5th September 2013 at 09:08 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome