Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What I hate about driving...

View Single Post
post #240 of (permalink) Old 24th November 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I've seen some cracking White Van Man behaviour in the last few days.

1) On the way down to London, in the Luton roadworks on the M1. White van man no.1 decided he wanted to be on the other side of the contraflow right before it started. He just about got away with it. White van man no.2 right behind him decided to pull the same stunt and ended up driving over the traffic cones. Luckily he only squashed a couple of them and tipped them over. He didn't manage to scatter any into the carriageway.

2) In London this time. Two of us in the car, with me in the passenger seat. We went through a green light, turning right, when White Van Man shot through on red doing 40+ and, but for my colleague's lightning reactions on the brake pedal, would have put both of us in hospital , and possibly even the morgue.

3) Not so much bad driving, but I've not seen anything like it before. White Merc Sprinter doing 90+ in the outside lane when traffic permits (nothing unusal about that) but when I was sitting behind it, I could see right along the driver's side. Looking underneath, I could see the left front wheel to the right of the left rear wheel, but the right front wheel also to the right of the right rear. The van appeared to be travelling at a good 5-10 degrees from a straight line.

I don't know what had happened to this vehicle. Cosmetically, it looked fine, but surely it can't have felt right to drive. I doubt very much that it was safe for 90+ on the motorway.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome