Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Would you buy a Renault, after reading this???.. (The moaners thread)..

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 18th October 2005
Originally Posted by selwonk
You are right about one thing - Renault certainly back lots of (IMHO) unnecessary electrical kit in their cars. However - that very fact seems to be attracting masses of buyers!
Absolutely - it's our fault.

We demand more gadgets. Look at Sat Nav, it's standard in a lot of run of the mill cars. Who would dream of buying a new car which didn't have electric windows and Aircon?

Cars have become so complex that is it any wonder that they go wrong so much, especially as manufacturers cut costs as much as possible, often resulting in a reduction in quality.

Why weren't we happy with what we had?

In many ways I admire Renault for their use of technology but they are on a slippery slope if they don't give good service.

As a marketing man if I were running a dealership I would use every opportunity to get people through the door to show them how good I was and make it hard for them not to buy/use me again. Regretably a lot of dealers don't think like that.

The worst service I've had for as long as I can remember has been from Mercedes, my 2004 model E Class was a pain in the ar$e, never ending trouble - the dealership made it unbearable and so it went. I still have a 1997 Merc C Class which has done 102,000 miles and is a superb car, proof again that they have made them over complex and cut down on the cost of making them.

Vote with your feet - if there is another dealer in your area, use it - they are not always the same!

My Renault dealer has been very good, I've had the odd problem with the Espace but they've sorted it each time and have exceeded or at least lived up to my expectations, not that they are very high anymore

There you go, I've got it off my chest too
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome