Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hi speed cars..useable?

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 10th September 2013
Blue Triangle
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Hi speed cars..useable?

It's a good thread this - just made the wife read it, hopefully she'll stop asking why I want to chip the Megane before I've even picked it up and why I spent 'all that money' on a 3.2 Merc when the 2.0 ones were so much cheaper!

I spend all day on the m1, m40, m6 and m25 to and from jobs. Most journeys are in tight, fast (70+) traffic.
A 1.5 110 Megane CAN get out into the traffic if you Rev it's bits off 60 -> 90 but with the added torque given by the tuning kit it'll be a walk in the park.

This is the reason I spent the money to remap the zafira, it's 0-60 is 9 (it was 12) but it's 60-100 is on a par with the big boys 330d's, audi 3.0tdi's and of course astra vxr's when I want to show off!

It's not the speed or the traffic light drag, it's getting into fast moving traffic, at speed, safely.

I may or may not have tried v-max in the vauxhall, once in France and I was stunned - but I managed to overheat a tyre in the process. Luckily I felt it before it went lesson learned! Incidentally 135 indicated on the dial As I said, stunned and terrified afterwards.

Now is it just me? When I drive a powerful car I never seem to need to put my foot down? Whereas in anything ordinary I'm always looking for the next gap?

Currently in Blue Triangle's garage:
'63 Megane Dynamique 1.5dci (On its way). 01 Mercedes 320CLK Convertible. Austin 1300 Vanden Plas. Suzuki Marauder Copy. A child's Fiesta and another child's Saxo.....oh and a big caravan :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Triangle For This Useful Post:
VelSatisfied (11th September 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome