Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic - instrument cluster problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th November 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Scenic - instrument cluster problem

I have an 03 Scenic Dynamique 1.6 petrol, and have read many postings with similar problem to mine but see no answers.

When engine revs are below 1500 all instrument panel gages go wrong way (i.e. past zero) and cluster lights go off (handbrake warning light continues to work). This problem has gradually got worse (used to be below 1000 revs).

I have taken it to a local Renault dealer (Poole, Dorset) who had the car for a day and a half. They say they did some diagnostics, eventually replacing the cluster unit and claimed to have solved the problem (they haven't) though I did get the car back valetted inside and out (very nice - but I would rather have had my problem fixed). They charged approx £38 for the original 1/2 hour diagnostic session.

I have personally gone through the self test on the stalk at the steering column and all is OK which, according to Hayne's manual, means that the instrument cluster is fine.

If anyone can provide a solution you will be making many users of this forum very happy. By the way this is my first post in my first forum. Thanks - in anticipation.
Currently in stu2's garage:
Renault Scenic 1.6
  5 Lastest Threads by stu2
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic - instrument cluster problem Electronics leroy 1 2940 26th November 2006 04:55 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome